The core values of Renew Life Church are not intended to reflect the values of our local leadership, but rather those of the head of the church, who is Jesus. We are in constant pursuit of learning and becoming the church that He desires, and we believe that these values create a culture to do just that.
- God is Love. It’s not a characteristic or trait that He possesses, it’s who He IS. To know God is to know love. We believe that our Christian journey should be focused on an increased awareness of His love for us, which in turn gives us the ability to love Him and the world around us.
- Grace isn’t a subject, a topic, or a principle. Grace is a person, and His name is Jesus. It is only through Jesus, through Grace, that we will ever reach the ultimate prize of knowing the love of our Heavenly Father. Not only do we desire to know Grace, but also to extend Him to those around us—all in an attempt to see creation truly know the Father.
- All that Jesus made available to us can only be enjoyed by faith. Faith is our belief that our lives are not contained by the things that we can see, but empowered and enhanced by those things that we cannot see. We believe that as we grow in faith, we will see more of who God is and experience more of what He has for us. This journey of faith will continue until we meet Jesus face to face in Heaven.
- God saw fit to reveal Himself and His way of doing things through man, by the inspiration of the Spirit of God, into scriptures, what the Bible calls the Word of Truth. Although culture and the world around us may change, His Word, His Truth, the Bible, will not. It always has been and always will be the standard by which we come to know Him and experience the life that He has planned for us.
- God exists in three persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Once Jesus’ mission at the cross was finished, God fulfilled His promise to us that He would never leave us alone by sending His Spirit, the Holy Spirit. It is through a relationship with the Holy Spirit that God’s love and plan for our lives is revealed in the details of everyday life. We desire to allow the Holy Spirit to lead and guide us in every area of our lives and ministry.
- Since the beginning of time, God has chosen to use man to fulfill His plans and purposes on the Earth. He continues to do this today by giving unique gifts and abilities to each and every person. His plan for our lives includes us discovering these gifts and using them to advance His Kingdom—to do what we were born to do. We desire to create an environment that fosters the discovery of these gifts and gives the freedom to express them as the Holy Spirit leads us.
- According to scripture, the Kingdom of God is supposed to be the primary pursuit of every Jesus follower. It is our belief that the church and the Kingdom are not synonymous, as the church does not represent the entirety of the Kingdom. The church should, however, support the Kingdom in its practices. We desire to see God's plan advance not only in the church, but also in the marketplace.